Gustine Middle School AVID
A program designed to groom students "in the middle" for success in college. This college preparatory course prepares students for admission to four-year universities and college.
- To provide academic instruction and other support to students and to prepare them for eligibility to four-year colleges and universities.
- To give students college level entry skills.
- To increase the "coping skills" of program participants.
- To motivate students to seek a college education.
- To increase the participants levels of career awareness.
- Learning with college tutors
- Writing for all classes
- Developing success strategies
- Applying for college
- Preparing for a professional career
- Visiting college campuses
- Interacting with guest speakers
- Participating in extracurricular and community activities
Students who have the potential and desire to attend a four-year college and…
…have an appropriate classroom behavior
…have between a 2.0 and 3.0 grade point average
…have a good attendance record
…have good work habits
…are willing to commit themselves to a minimum of two hours of homework each night
…are willing to commit to enrollment in a rigorous college preparatory sequence of courses.